Overview: The Acadiana Criminalistics Lab serves the eight parishes (counties) of Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, and Vermilion
Services offered are Biology (including DNA analysis), Chemistry (controlled substances, blood alcohol and beverage alcohol, and fire debris analyses), and Physical Evidence (firearms, tool marks, shoe, tire and other impression evidence, fingerprint development - but not comparisons, and transfer trace evidence - glass, paint, fibers and hair).
Acadiana Criminalistics Laboratory is accredited to the international standard ISO/IEC 17025:2017 for testing and calibration laboratories through ANAB.
- High School diploma, or equivalency (college degree preferred)
- Education or training in forensic science or clinical laboratory field
- Require 1 year experience working in clinical or laboratory setting
- Be able to communicate effectively (orally and in writing)
- Use computer applications as they relate to laboratory procedures
- Be of strong ethical background free of criminal history
- Analysis of materials for the presence of controlled substances; conduct examinations using screening techniques, microscopic examination, and instrumental methods of analysis including GC, GC/MS and IR
- Prepare reagents and case samples, conduct chemical analyses, and prepare documentation.
- Communication with law enforcement officers and judicial representatives
- Subsidized health insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare, health insurance premiums, and daycare
- Retirement benefits
- 9 paid holidays/year; 6-12 paid vacation/year; 6-12 paid sick/year
Starting Salary: $42,044 per year
Closing Date: Open immediately until filled
Location/Region: New Iberia, LA