The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane’s unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.
Summary: The Mechanical Supervisor acts as the central point of contact for all equipment support services for construction projects. They manage all equipment and equipment support personnel within a project such that reliable equipment is provided to efficiently and safely perform the project construction work.
Including but not limited to:
- Procure, monitor utilization, and manage short term rentals (<6 months duration).
- Develop relationships and utilize relationships with key dealer and vendor sales and after-purchase service and support personnel.
- Develop and foster relationships with workforce including Union and Non-Union where applicable.
- Responsible for overall working condition, productivity, repair costs, and appearance of equipment, fleet, and/or plants.
- Ensure pre-shift equipment and fleet walk around inspections are performed effectively.
- Evaluate need for repairs, evaluate repair options, and oversee cost of equipment repairs.
- Ensure all fleet vehicles are properly equipped, licensed, tagged, placarded, and inspected to meet all state and federal DOT regulations.
- Coordinate, conduct, and/or document periodic personnel-lift, fork lift, and crane inspections.
- Coordinate transportation of equipment moves.
- Monitor equipment utilization.
- Ensure all people, equipment, and processes are working in a safe manner meeting all local, state, and federal laws.
- Assist the environmental department in obtaining and compliance with all environmental permits, laws, and company policies.
- Train, mentor, and manage field mechanics.
- And other duties as assigned.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering and/or related technical experience in management of heavy construction equipment.
- Prior experience in plants, fleet, and/or heavy equipment repairs and/or management of plants, fleet, and/or heavy equipment repairs is highly desired.
- Flexibility with working hours, including a willingness to work extended hours, weekends, or nightshift as needed for extended periods of time.
- Computer skills and experience with Word and Excel.
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Location/Region: Ontario, CA