With nearly over 40 locations nationwide, and growing, CarHop has helped thousands of people with credit issues find a vehicle, improve their situation and turn their lives around.
We’re seeking a passionate, motivated person hungry to succeed, while helping others.
As a key member of our Reconditioning team, the Lot Assistant is responsible for preparing our inventory vehicles for sale at our retail branch.
Key responsibilities include transporting vehicles to/from acquisition sites & repair vendors; basic mechanical inspections & diagnostics; light vehicle repair (i.e.
batteries, bulbs, wipers, etc…); cleaning, vacuuming vehicles; and maintaining vehicle status in our computer-based inventory tracking system.
* Pre-delivery inspection of all vehicles (prior to moving onto the lot)
* Identify/diagnose mechanical or electrical concerns on each vehicle that is moved into inventory
* Complete simple repairs, such as replacing batteries/bulbs/topping fluid levels, when appropriate
* Coordinate with preferred repair vendors in the local market to ensure more complex repairs are being completed in a timely & cost-effective manner
* Transport vehicles to/from auction or repair shops as needed
* Detail vehicles when necessary
* Deliver parts to repair shops when needed
* Maintain vehicles on the sales lot, as well as the shop space
* Consistently document recon activities in our computerized inventory tracking system
What makes a career with CarHop different?
* Competitive compensation package
* Full health benefits (medical/dental/vision)
* 401 (k) w/ company match
* Paid time off and great work/life balance
* Work Monday - Friday
* Opportunity for advancement- CarHop is a growing company!
* A fun work environment filled with awesome people!
* A rewarding job experience helping people and making their days!
* We give you the tools you need to succeed with regular training and coaching.
* High School Diploma or equivalent * Basic mechanical skills with previous mechanics experience is preferred, ability to complete light mechanical repairs as necessary (Batteries, lamp bulbs, belts, etc...).
* Must be able to routinely lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
* Strong verbal communication skills, problem-solving and independent work skills
* Must successfully complete pre-employment criminal background and motor vehicle records inquiries, have a valid driver’s license, and have a driving record that is acceptable to our insurance carrier
This could be the beginning of a rewarding career in automotive service!
CarHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location/Region: Aurora, CO (80012)