Staff Accountant Location US-IL-East Alton Posted Date 14 hours ago(9/17/2019 2:46 PM) Job ID 2019BE-29EA # Positions 1 Category Accounting/Finance - All Openings
Olin Brass utilizes more than 60 different copper-based alloys to produce specialized sheet and strip products for a variety of end uses. Primary markets for our high-performance products include automotive, microelectronic, and communication interconnects, as well as a long history in the supply of standard alloys in the manufacture of ammunition, coinage, and builders’ hardware. We draw strength and success from the dedication of our employees, many of whom have spent decades working in our industry. We currently have an opportunity for a Staff Accountant at our East Alton, Illinois, facility.
Purpose of Role
The staff accountant will work closely with plant accounting/finance to maintain accuracy and integrity of the general ledger and financial reporting, support metals accounting (LIFO), partner/support cross-functionally throughout East Alton, and live the core values of the Company.
- Reconciliation and maintenance of general ledger accounts to include: Inventory Metal (LIFO) accounts for Mill Products, Hedge Assets/Liabilities and the related Income/Expense, and other miscellaneous accounts as necessary.
- Assist plant accounting team with operational reporting, end-of-month reporting, forecasts, and key performance indicators.
- Complete internal and external audit requests.
- Ensure compliance and documentation with GAAP and internal controls.
- Special Projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required;
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office tools (MS Excel proficiency required), financial software, and financial analysis;
- Capable of using AS400 based and SAP software;
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbal and written.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Location/Region: East Alton, IL