National University’s College of Letters & Sciences (COLS)
seeks an Associate Dean to lead our General Education Division as
we develop new academic pathways for adult learners at our academic
headquarters in La Jolla, CA.
This is a full-time, 12-month, administrative position with a
senior-level faculty appointment in one of the departments within
COLS (Arts & Humanities, Mathematics & Natural Sciences,
Psychology, and Social Sciences).
The Associate Dean supports the work of the COLS Dean and Dean’s
office on behalf of the College, the University and the larger
community, and serves at the pleasure of the Dean. As a member of
the Dean’s leadership team, the Associate Dean exemplifies positive
engagement for faculty, students and staff while maintaining
confidentiality and providing analytical and creative support in
advancing the Dean’s vision and agenda on a variety of projects,
events and initiatives, as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD or terminal degree in discipline.
- Senior faculty rank with an established record of success as a
teacher and scholar.
- Academic leadership experience at the level of department chair
- Experience with online instruction of adult learners.
- Demonstrated expertise in analysis and interpretation of
quantitative and qualitative data essential.
- Experience in leading a General Education Division a plus.
- The successful candidate will have extraordinary people skills
and enjoy working with minimal supervision in a dynamic,
collaborative academic atmosphere.
To Apply: Send complete application to Lesley
Knappen, email@example.com. A
complete application includes a cover letter that addresses each of
the criteria included in this announcement, a complete curriculum
vitae, and contact information for five professional references,
annotated to indicate your relationship to each.
Deadline: December 1, 2019.
Location/Region: La Jolla, CA (92037)