Mortensons success is not a matter of luck; its a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an extraordinary customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a \"best place to work\" over 40 times since 2002\u2026
\u2026What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Are you flexible, knowledgeable, dedicated and efficient with a high integrity and confidentiality? Our Regional Office in Portland, OR is currently seeking a Project Accountant with the ability to collaborate with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. You will provide accounting, analysis, and financial support to one or more teams handling completion of a construction project. You will serve as the key liaison from the Finance and Accounting department to the project team.
What will you be doing?
You will review the construction contract requirements for assigned projects (i.e., lump sum or smaller cost-plus)
- Utilize contract summary for daily work; ie., certified payroll reporting, minority participation reporting or providing information to maintain insurance for the project
- Perform budget allocations as required
- Assist in tracking subcontractor lien waivers if necessary
You will process receivables/payables in a timely manner to result in a favorable project cash flow
- Ensure cash receipts are posted to the correct invoice and project costs are processed
- Provide new vendor set-up information, oversee payments, and daily issuances as needed
- Review equipment pre-bill reports and work with Project Manager to ensure accuracy
You will conduct project cost, other analyses, and reporting for the project team and Group Accounting Manager
- Prepare specialized reporting, monthly financial projections, including potential cost issues and identify anything improperly impacting an assigned project
Understand the relevant components of labor cost in the geographic area of the project which includes union agreement details, benefit programs and prevailing wage requirements
- Ensure new craft labor team members are in the system, team member files are built and maintained, and hours are collected and reported weekly
- Assist with annual and special audits and physical inventory procedures
How do you succeed?
- Detail orientation and organizational skills sufficient to support multiple concurrent projects
- Construction-related business exposure useful; especially knowledge of percentage of completion accounting and construction contracts
- You will have a minimum of 3 years accounting experience, preferably supporting a large number of team members
- Proficiency in working on the computer in Microsoft Office, Email and Calendar systems, and PowerPoint
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, as well as experience with ERP accounting applications
- Strong working knowledge of basic office equipment
- You have strong communication skills both written and verbal
- You love being in a highly organized environment
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Visa sponsorship not available for this position
**No Agency e-mails, calls or solicitations accepted**
Location/Region: Portland, OR