Are you a collaborative and creative problem solver? Do you love sequencing work and planning? Mortenson is hiring an experienced construction scheduler in our Seattle office!
Mortensons success is not a matter of luck; its a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience.
Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson is honored to receive 40+ Top Workplace Awards since 2002... What are you waiting for?!
In this role, the Scheduler will support project teams with planning and scheduling during preconstruction, design, construction support, and construction phases, including but not limited to:
- Review and Coordinate updates / revisions of project schedules (primarily Primavera P6 or ASTA).
- Lead the effort to create and Review Baseline, preconstruction, and proposal level Schedules.
- Work with project teams to ensure updates are made properly and accurately.
- Maintain schedules for various projects in various stages.
- Monitor major project milestones and report deviations.
- Prepare monthly progress reports (Internal/External).
- Attend scheduling coordination meetings during the proposal, preconstruction, and construction phases of various projects as needed. Follow up on meeting action items.
- If not project based, periodically visit construction sites to verify progress, and to maintain communication with team members.
- Review schedules for validity and constructability, incorporating scope changes to the schedule
- Prepare schedule updates/revisions as well as monthly progress reports
- Monitor project progress against baseline and providing delay and time impact analyses
- Support project teams with planning and scheduling during preconstruction, design, construction support, and construction phases
- Work with Virtual Design team to develop 4D schedules
- Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- Minimum two years construction scheduling experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Proven ability, creativity, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented problems
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, collaborative, team-based environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with initiative to seek innovative solutions
- Results-oriented to ensure delivery of appropriate products and services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion
- Knowledge of construction best practices
- Understanding of field construction operations and how a building is constructed, including logical sequencing of work
- Experience in large-scale concrete structure projects is highly desirable
- Expert knowledge of P6
- Understanding of and the ability to analyze Cost/Schedule Integration
- Skilled in identifying, analyzing and solving problems including performing Time Impact Analysis (TIA)
- Site experience, ability to read plans & specifications
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Location/Region: Kirkland, WA