**This position is a swing shift position: Monday-Thursday 11:00 am-9:00 pm, monthly rotating schedule to weekend days, Friday-Sunday 7:00 am-8:00 pm (Some flexibility with schedule will be necessary.
This technician will provide patient care, including physical exams, medication administration( IV, IM, PO, SQ), constant patient monitoring and hygiene, for all patients admitted after hours by equine emergency care, medicine, surgery and theriogenology and all in-house patients.
This technician will directly instruct senior veterinary students in technical aspects of patient care.
This person will also monitor the welfare of University owned horses, including those enrolled in research projects.
This technician will provide assistance to clinicians with procedures and receiving of emergency cases.
Duties will include but are not limited to: instruction of veterinary students in various aspects of equine patient exam, catheter placement, nasogastric intubation, and general horse handling; assist clinicians, students, and residents with admission, patient restraint, and diagnostic procedures of equine cases admitted by the emergency service; provide direct patient care, including, but not limited to physical exams, medication administration, catheter placement, nasogastric intubation, obtaining blood, fecal and urine samples, and fluid therapy; maintain floor stock and cleanliness of the hospital by restocking and cleaning ICU, Isolation, main treatment areas and nurses' stations in equine barns.
Depending on the combination of education and experience, selected candidates may be hired as an Inpatient Veterinary Assistant, Technician, or Specialist, and assigned Levels I, II or III.
Consideration for entry-level Inpatient Veterinary Assistant requires:
1. High school diploma or equivalent for Level I, add two (2) years of experience for Level II, or four (4) years of experience for Level III, including at least two (2) years at the preceding level or equivalent.
Salary range: $22,300 - $46,700 (determined by eligibility for Level I, II, III)
Consideration for entry-level Inpatient Veterinary Technician requires:
1. Associate's degree in a technical or scientific field related to the area of assignment.
Level II requires Associate's degree plus two (2) years of experience.
Level III requires Associate's degree plus four (4) years of experience, with at least two (2) years at the preceding level or equivalent.
2. Active license with the Alabama State Board of Veterinary Medicine as a Veterinary Technician, have met all requirements to become licensed, or have passed the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE).
Veterinary Technician certification or license must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
Salary range: $28,000 - $58,400 (determined by eligibility for Level I, II or III)
Consideration for entry-level Inpatient Veterinary Specialist requires:
1. Associate's degree in a technical or scientific field related to area of assignment plus three (3) years of experience.
Level II requires an Associates degree plus four (4) years of experience, with at least one (1) year at the preceding level or equivalent.
Level III requires an Associate's degree plus six (6) years of experience with at least two (2) years at the preceding level or equivalent.
2. Active license with the Alabama State Board of Veterinary Medicine as a Veterinary Technician Veterinary Technician Certification having passed the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE); Veterinary Technician Specialist in Emergency and Critical Care ~VTS (ECC) as designated by Academy of Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Technicians (AVECCT).
Salary range: $35,000 - $75,100 (determined by eligibility for Level I, II, or III)
Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment site and attach a resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references.
Only complete applications will be considered.
The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment is required.
Location/Region: Auburn University, AL (36849)