This position is responsible for implementing effective marketing programs and effective marketing strategies that promote same-center revenue growth through involvement in both center-based and national activity.
- Develop and Implement effective marketing programs
- Develop marketing opportunities that will result in procedure volume and revenue growth
- Create and guide marketing opportunities that will impact large portions of our center network
- Be a primary interface between digital marketing and communications when appropriate to assure effective and beneficial outcomes
- Interface more often and more directly with operations leadership to assure that Operations and marketing can maximize our impact
- Communicate marketing opportunities to our centers and operating board members
- Conduct environmental scans to identify marketing opportunities and uncover trends
- Participate in and develop center and physician specific Marketing Plans
- Help shape and execute national approaches on selected marketing issues where the benefits of scale are compelling
- Help to mentor and lead other members of the marketing team
- Build strong partner relationships and identify/sell opportunities for value-added
- Actively work to maintain and improve relationships with physician partners
- Actively promote best practices, new ideas and participation in Regional/Divisional/National programs
- Make our partners feel that we are an extension of their thinking, but be viewed by the partners as an expert resource for marketing decisions and strategies (for the ASC, their practices and other ventures).
- Imagine new approaches and be willing to promote/debate them in a confident but respectful way
- Deliver programs that support the values of the AMSURG partnership
- Be Accountable for operational performance within the Division and the economic performance of Marketing programs/spending
- Monitor and be accountable for procedure volume and revenue results that have been derived from related marketing and momentum program initiatives
- Properly budget and work within the financial terms of all projects
- Identify opportunities for spending efficiency by leveraging Corporate marketing staff, tapping the expertise of peers, and utilizing previously successful creative approaches and materials
- Conduct timely post-audit analysis of all marketing initiatives supported by significant budgets or investment. This may require actively soliciting patient/procedure volume data from centers and/or practices adhering to analytical standards set by the VP, Marketing – Ambulatory Services.
- Monitor Divisional and market-specific trends
- Understand the impact of the current and changing environment on the performance of the industry/specialty.
- Develop intimate knowledge of medical specialty environment including competitive forces and threats, opportunities, leading business indicators.
- Work with Digital Marketing and Communications staff to ensure that all marketing output meets AMSURG quality, legal, compliance and branding standards
- Serves as a key member of the Division Operations Team, working across multiple teams to provide leadership on marketing strategies, market planning, and "selling in" new marketing ideas and programs to our physician partners.
- Serves as part of the Corporate Marketing function and is expected to help disseminate best practices, identify potential efficiencies in the Company’s marketing spending, and shape/execute programs that have application across multiple centers and regions.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in business or health care related field is required. Knowledge of Ambulatory Surgery Center operations is a plus.
Basic understanding of marketing analytics, such as breakeven analysis and campaign ROI.
Ability to understand, read, write and speak English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors and the general public.
Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and correct errors. Ability to understand and interpret basic financial data. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Working knowledge of the tools of Marketing Communications: collateral, broadcast, outdoor, print, direct mail, internet, etc.
Demonstrated ability to bring exceptional business acumen as well as creativity to the marketing of healthcare facilities and providers. Demonstrated ability to function as a strong member of a highly motivated and integrated management team.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to project as a credible marketing expert and advocate in front of our physician partners.\Strong personal presence combined with good listening and persuasion skills. Demonstrated ability to project a positive and energetic persona within the organization and when interacting with our physician partners. Comfort level working in a matrix organization where there may occasionally be mixed signals and competing priorities. Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Must be able to work well with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
CORPORATE CORE VALUES
Puzzle Solving-Turning challenges into opportunities in a collaborative, agile and creative way
Excellence-On a never-ending quest to improve and exceed expectations
Ownership-Taking responsibility for our actions, relationships and partners’ success
Positive Environment-Respectful, caring, trusting and supportive of the team
Leadership-Leading by example, staying true to our values and dreams
Ethics-Committing to always doing the right thing guided by integrity and transparency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Willingness to travel to centers to produce desired outcome (35% travel).
Qualifications Skills Behaviors : Motivations : Education
Bachelors or better. Experience
5 years: Business or health care related field
Knowledge of Ambulatory Surgery Center operations Licenses & Certifications
Location/Region: Nashville, TN