Job Title: Cleaning Specialist
Reports To: Site Supervisors
Summary: Washes and cleans floors, restrooms, carpet and other surfaces on a day-to-day basis, uses materials such as water, cleaning agents, brushes, cloths, and hoses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Cleans and maintains restrooms by picking up trash and debris on the floor, refilling paper products, replacing soap in dispensers, cleaning glass and mirrors, clean and sanitize fixtures, emptying containers and disposals and dusting surfaces.
- Cleans glass partitions and glass mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Empties wastebaskets and trash containers. Replaces waste container liners as needed.
- Wipes counters and tables with general purpose cleaner.
- Sterilizes water fountains every night with germicidal cleaner.
- Furniture cleaning-fabric upholstery seats, backs and arms are to be spot whisked and wiped down with a general purpose cleaner.
- Dusts furniture, walls, machines and equipment.
- Scrubs, scrapes, or sprays miscellaneous equipment using scrapers, brushes, clothes, cleaners, disinfectants, abrasives, vacuums, and hoses.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Reading Comprehension- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Coordination- Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Equipment Selection- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Comply with the requirements and standards of the client.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 50 pounds including the use of backpack vacs. The employee must be capable of bending, reaching, and crouching.
The employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures, heights, and loud machinery or equipment. The employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability, and physical demands required.
Must pass drug test.
Location/Region: Cleveland, OH (44125)