The mission of HomeCare & Hospice of the Valley is to provide compassionate and dignified palliative and end of life care to patients and their families.
HomeCare & Hospice of the Valley offers services that prevent and relieve suffering, restore dignity and comfort those living with a life-limiting disease.
We base our care on compassion, comfort as we recognize and honor the dignity of each person.
We are always seeking compassionate people to join our rapidly growing team.
We are searching for a Nurse to care for our Home Health and Hospice patients in the Vail/Eagle Valley.
$2,000 Sign-on bonus at hire and $2,000 bonus at successful completion of one year of employment.
The bonus is available only to a nurse willing to commit a full-time position.
Sign-on bonuses are not available to part-time nurses.
What We Offer * Health insurance
* Dental and vision insurance
* Paid time off
* Life and disability insurance
* Team environment
Responsibilities * Performs initial assessment upon admission to Home Care.
* Admits patients to Home Care service by accurate entry of patient information, admitting diagnosis and physician’s orders.
* Develops and implements an individualized, realistic, goal and outcome-focused Plan of Care for each patient.
* Adheres to therapeutic standards, measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards, and makes or recommends necessary adjustments.
* Follows our philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and Center for Medicare Services.
* Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
Qualifications * Possesses current license to practice as a registered professional nurse in the state of Colorado.
* Current BLS verification.
* Minimum two years of varied work experience as a professional nurse and preferably one of the two years in an acute, oncology, home health, and/or hospice setting.
* Demonstrated ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients and families in varied settings.
* Demonstrated skill in nursing practice, ability to cope with family emotional stress and tolerance of individual lifestyles.
* Demonstrated ability to make meaningful observations and write comprehensive, accurate reports.
* Personal vehicle for on-the-job transportation
* Provide proof of liability insurance on personal vehicle
* Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a fingerprint-based criminal history background check through the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the check through the Colorado Adult Protection Services
* Clear TB test and annual influenza immunization
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Eagle, CO (81631)