Qualified Registered Nurse Unit Manager needed for Wayne, NJ Long Term Care/Sub Acute facility.
Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing with current Registered Nurse licensure by the New Jersey State Board of Nursing. A minimum of three years full-time or equivalent clinical experience is required and a minimum of two years of clinical experience in long-term care nursing with one year in a management/administrative or supervisory capacity is preferred.
A career history free of abuse, neglect, and professional license violations
The RN Clinical Advocate (Unit Manager ) takes responsibility to ensure the following:
Coordination of Care
- Uses assessment skills and appropriate risk assessment tools to identify Elder/Guests with actual or potential health care needs that would require care coordination.
- Provides care based on Elder/Guest/residents’ values, choices and preferences with consideration for the complexity of his/her medical condition. Uses knowledge of complex physiology to monitor, detect and anticipate early and subtle health status changes.
- Coordinates care across the continuum to assure appropriate utilization of clinical and community resources.
- Attends meetings such as Clinical, IDCP, UR, etc to communicate Elder/resident/guest’s condition with other members of the team and/or the Elder/resident/guest’s caregivers
- Supports an Elder/Guest's growth by exploring his/her understanding and knowledge of current health status and use these perspectives to support the Elder/guest on informed decision-making.
- Accountable for evaluating and updating individualized growth plan (plan of care) of Elders/residents/guests.
- Applies specialized expertise to solve problems, generate ideas, plan care, teach and create new services.
- Monitors trends in the neighborhood (unit) that will influence delivery of care
Delegation and Supervision of Nursing Care Partners
- Delegates care based on situation while assuming accountability for outcome of care.
- Fosters teamwork and respect in the neighborhood
- Assures effective use of resources.
- Serves as a resource and holds care partners (nurses, CNA, dietary) accountable to complete delegated tasks.
- Possess good communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ascribes to the ANA Code of Ethics for professional nursing practice and commits to continuous learning.
- Participates in education of nursing colleagues and students, if needed.
- Commits to evidence-based practice and the conduct of nursing research.
- Commits to mission, vision and values of Windsor Healthcare Communities and to the profession of nursing.
Creating a Caring and Secure Environment for All Care Partners
- Creates an environment that assures safety and security for care partners who live and work in the home.
- Instills confidence in the Elder/Guest's own ability to regain/optimize their own health.
- Partners with Elder/Guest to help them integrate health status changes into their life in the home and after moving out.
Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement
- Uses the QAPI Framework to identify actual or potential variances in standards of care and system problems that could lead to errors, delays in care, complications or increased cost.
Education and Resource:
- Provides education to the interdisciplinary team as appropriate;
- Identifies opportunities for growth and provide education as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of all requests from appropriate State and/or federal regulatory agencies or other requesting parties.
- Implements all required forms, procedures and processes relative to job responsibilities;
- Performs other related duties as requested.
About this company
Windsor Healthcare Communities, a family owned and operated organization, is a respected leader in the industry, providing clinically sophisticated post-hospital medical care and rehabilitation, as well as comprehensive skilled nursing care throughout New Jersey. Windsor is also a recognized leader in promoting an Eden Alternative practice which is person-directed care that cherishes, honors and loves our Elders. A progressive approach to aging, the Eden Alternative stresses choice and fosters a person-directed approach to care, tailoring daily life and activities to individual needs and preferences under the guidance of interdisciplinary teams. We are committed to medical excellence and well-being for all that we serve.