FIRST NATIONAL BANK JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Mortgage Loan Processor
Reports To: Director of Mortgage Operations
Are you focused on specifics and do you have an eye for details? First National Home Mortgage, powered by First National Bank in Howell, is looking for a Mortgage Loan Processor with Calyx experience. This position will assist both loan officers and clients in gathering necessary documents for a mortgage loan. We are looking for someone with 2 – 3 years of experience as a Mortgage Processor. Experience as a Mortgage Closer is beneficial.
This position supports the Mortgage Department by assisting the loan officer and client in gathering the necessary documents to obtain a mortgage loan. Duties include reviewing all documentation received, preparing the disclosure package for clients to sign and ordering services such as appraisals, title work and flood, reviews the file and signs off for closing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all documents provided by clients
- Send out disclosure package for clients to sign
- Provide list to loan officer and client of missing items
- Order services ie: appraisal, title fraud, transcripts & flood
- Submit file to underwriting when all items are received
- Send condition list to loan office & client once approval is received
- Submit to underwriting for clear to close once conditions have been received
- Review file and sign off for closing
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Associates Degree in Business or Law or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mortgage loan operations
- Experience in construction lending a definite plus.
- Knowledge of Calyx software
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Understanding of accounting concepts
- Must have DU/LP experience
- Strong ability to prioritize
- Proven ability to work independently
- Demonstrates strong ability to follow-through
- Proven ability to perform duties with accuracy and precision
- Professional appearance and good presence
- Communicate with internal and external customers effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work well within a team environment
Employees are expected to comply with all laws, regulations, bank policies and procedures, including specifically First National Bank’s Anti-Money Laundering and Bank Secrecy Act – BSA Policy and procedures, and it’s Customer Identification Program. Failure to comply with either the letter and/or spirit of these laws may result in disciplinary action, up to an including termination. Compliance with BSA job requirement will be included in the employee’s annual review.
About this company
First National Bank, the only bank headquartered in Livingston County, takes great pride in being a key corporate citizen. From Brighton to Howell, Fowlerville to Whitmore Lake and Hamburg to Hartland, First National puts the power of local banking in our customer's hands.
Location/Region: Waterford, MI