WHO WE ARE:
As a leading distributor of municipal and infrastructure equipment, Public Works Equipment (PWE) provides mobile infrastructure-maintenance equipment to municipalities and contractors across North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
We sell, rent, lease, service and support Vacuum Trucks, Street Sweepers, and Sewer Cleaners.
Our team is dynamic and growing, and focused on maintaining an employer of choice culture.
We have a stable, team-based and collaborative work environment that drives our organization to be best-in-class within our industry.
We are committed to providing challenging and rewarding career paths for our employees.
We offer very competitive compensation packages, robust group benefits and an opportunity to grow professionally.
PWE is a proud subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation.
As the Service Manager, you will be responsible for (i) providing leadership and direction to the Service team in alignment with company Service objectives, (ii) overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Service department and (iii) developing strong customer relationships to support continued Service growth in the region.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS: * Certificate or degree in heavy equipment maintenance and repair
* Valid Driver's License with satisfactory driving record.
Commercial Drivers Licensing is required or must be able to acquire.
* 4+ years’ experience as a Service Manager in the field of Heavy, Industrial or Agricultural equipment
* Dealership experience preferred * Strong mechanical expertise with knowledge of equipment repair processes
* Strong technical knowledge of hydro-electrical systems
* Previous responsibility for a Service P&L and demonstrated ability to achieve results
* Advanced experience using MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel
* Strategic thinking with strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to develop and implement sound business plans and effectively manage resources
* Superior customer service and communication skills
* Ability to motivate, coach and support teams to drive desired results
* Ability to foster teamwork and champion company values
* Extremely organized and proactive * Ability to travel as required for business purposes
* Ability to plan and execute work independently
* Advanced verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to work well with individuals within and outside of the organization
* Ability to use discretion while working, including maintaining confidentiality and respecting privacy
SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES/DUTIES: * Take ownership of the customer's experience to ensure that customers receive prompt, courteous, and effective service resulting in a positive dealership experience
* Spend quality time building relationships with the customers, conduct frequent customer visits to maintain established accounts and drive new business
* Provide technical expertise or demonstrations and training to customers as required
* Oversee the operations of the Service department by monitoring quality, safety and productivity of each team member
* Monitor established KPI’s and implement processes, training and other measures as required to improve overall team performance
* Review customer accounts in collaboration with Accounting to ensure timely billing and payment
* Communicate effectively with the Sales and Parts departments to ensure optimal customer experience
* Manage and direct Service Team Leads and Service Technicians and support team by providing coaching and mentoring
* Manage and hire technicians and service advisors
* Monitor and assess employee’s performance and provide effective performance feedback
* Identify skill gaps/opportunities within the team and implement effective mentoring and development plans
* Manage staffing resources; recommend and execute staffing plans.
Participate in new hire processes including interviews and onboarding
* Collaborate with the Shop Team Leads and support staff to ensure effective and optimal scheduling of work and ensure customers are updated regarding the status of their work on a daily basis
* Conduct regular Service department team meetings to review successes, opportunities for improvement, health and safety and process updates/ changes
* Prioritize services and distribute and assess workload/ resources accordingly
* Assist with technical work in the Shop or the Field as required
* Stay up to date with industry changes that impact Service team and/or customers and communicate applicable information effectively
* Participate in training and/or industry events as required
* Complete additional projects and tasks as assigned
WHY WORK AT PWE? * Competitive compensation package – includes salary, commissions and company vehicle
* Premium Health Insurance program * 401 (k) Employer Matching Program
* Work boot and prescription safety glasses reimbursement
* Tuition and Professional Development Paid
* Opportunity to grow professionally * Best-In-Industry product lines
* Safety Focused * Exceptional Team Culture
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from all qualified persons, however only those who are being considered for the position will be contacted.
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify HR in advance and we will provide applicable accommodation.
Location/Region: Monroe, NC (28110)