This position is in Sequim, Washington. The Project Manager is responsible for the comprehensive management of construction projects from start/bid day to final project closeout at Interwest Construction. Generally, this management involves oversight of multiple projects including: scheduling, procurement, all project communications, and cost analysis. The job requires regular investigation and determination of responsibilities for all project requirements as stated in the Contract, any Subcontract, any RFI response, any Field Directive, or any other project communication and then holding responsible parties accountable. On a per project basis, the project manager is one of the authorities on the job.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Full comprehension of plans, contract, and bid documents.
- Coordination of all project activity per plans and contract documents.
- Communication of changes and understanding of impacts brought on by changes.
- Understanding and assessment of costs for impacts brought by changes.
- Clear presentation to clients of entitlements for changes.
- Analysis of any activity for cost vs. budget.
- Internal reporting accurately and regularly on the project’s success.
- Capability to work predominantly without supervision or within a team as required
- Thorough knowledge of construction project management standard methodologies, means, and methods
- Aptitude to prioritize and lead multiple projects and tasks at a time while working under time constraints
- Ability to participate, collaborate and communicate with client and field personnel
- Expertise in reading and interpret plans and specifications
- Ability to conduct and lead meetings with clients, subcontractors and vendors
- Performance Standards: With any available resource whether it be a laborer in the field, direct supervisor, the internet, a supplier, a subcontractor, etc., accomplish all the responsibilities for project. This is expected to be carried out with little or no supervision in a reciprocal environment.
Qualifications:You may have one or more of these qualifications and/or a selective combination to qualify:
- Over 5+ years of meaningful Project Management experience
- Successful management of projects for public and private clients.
- BA – Civil Engineering and/or Business Admin/Management/Washington State Professional Engineer
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401(k), Vacation and Paid Holidays. Location Sequim, WA. Compensation: A competitive compensation package (depending on experience), generous benefits, and yearly discretionary bonus are a few of the perks of working at Interwest. This position is Full-Time, Salary exempt
Interwest Construction, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Veteran/Disability/VEVRAA Employer. The company fully complies with applicable Federal, State, and Local Laws, orders and regulations. Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process or alternative means of contacting the company to obtain assistance can contact HR by telephone at (360)-899-9629.
- We’re a drug free company; pre-employment and random testing is part of our culture.
- The company is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency required
- At times, background checks are required by the project owner.
Location/Region: Olympic Peninsula