Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWXT is currently seeking a Senior Counsel Operations for its Lynchburg, VA location!
As assigned, the Senior Counsel will provide legal support to business line Assistant General Counsels across all BWXT operating business units.
- Provides legal support and advice relating to contracts, operations related claims, ordinary course operating business line transactions for BWXT Inc. various operating subsidiary and affiliate companies.
- Provides legal support including negotiation and interpretation of project and business related contracts, contract enforcement during and after project execution, claim development and defense, assistance with project related dispute resolution and general business line support.
- Provides legal guidance, counsel and support to all levels of operating business line management including Deputy General Counsel, Business Unit Assistant General Counsels, senior BWXT Business Unit executives and project management personnel.
- A Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school is required.
- A current active status in at least one State Bar as certified by the Supreme Court of the licensing jurisdiction is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience which includes commercial and/or federal government engineering and/or equipment manufacturing contracting, execution and claims experience is required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with no dual citizenship.
BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Lynchburg Nearest Secondary Market:
Location/Region: Lynchburg, VA